Today we traveled about an hour to the East to the "gay capital" of England, aka
Brighton. Honestly, I did not know this fact about Brighton before visiting, nor would I have given the city this title. Anyhow, we toured King George IV's Royal Pavilion (to the right). I enjoyed walking around the interior, listening to my personal audio tour. The devices were much like portable phones, but after awhile made our arms tired from holding up to our ears. After this tour, I am very interested in traveling to more historical sites in England an in Europe in order to learn, first hand, about the history of England which I am not well versed in. I felt while I was there as though I was on a class field trip since our group went all together and our coordinators took us and felt at times that I should be taking notes or something. It was nice to not have to do that though!After the tour we walked around for a bit. It can be agonizing to be with 13 or so people walking like slugs around a town. As many of you know, I don't walk slowly and could be found walking in front for the most part. We ate at an little pub again today. I really like the way you order at the pubs here. Instead of having a waiter/waitress, when you're ready to order, you go up to the bar, place your order and pay. Makes it really easy when in a large group and the best part, no tipping left of the table!
The group did end up splitting a bit for an hour or so. Dara and I were on a mission to find a top sheet for her and a blanket for me since our beds only came with comforters. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will need something more once it gets colder. Speaking of it getting colder, the weather has been decent and I've enjoyed the mostly cloudy 60-65 degree weather. (Less chance of sweating!) I did buy a fleece blanket that says England on it. It was on sale already and when I got the register, it was even cheaper. My grandmother would be proud!


It's odd that everyone at Penn State has been in classes for almost three weeks and we have not even started our teaching program. The details of the program thus far are very vague. I'm sticking with the motto- "they'll tell us what we need to know when we need to know it." I will be meeting with people from my school I believe tomorrow night when we have dinner with our cooperating teachers, etc. here at the University. I feel as though I'm still on vacation though especially since we're going to London on Saturday and talking a lot about trips we want to take on other weekends and during our 10 day mid term break at the end of October.
I'm ready for whatever adventures, be it in the school, around Bognor Regis, here on campus, in London, or abroad in Italy, etc. that comes my way.
Here's to the endless summer, which may in fact last until January :)
2 comments:
I could enjoy some endless summer myself......sounds great, but I know you're anxious to get the show on the road!
Coming back to add I am so happy you are blogging! XO
Post a Comment