Good morning! I am looking forward to daylight savings because the sun has not been rising until about 7:30 which makes it feel like you're waking up in the middle of the night to begin your day. Although some people thought there was no daylight savings here, there is. It happens next Saturday I believe (while I'm traveling to Italy) and it changes at 12am, not 2am. Not that it makes a big difference when it happens.
I walked to the bus station in the rain for the FIRST time this term. I had stayed after for a staff meeting and it had started around 4. It was not pouring by any means, but it's so windy here when it rains, so I got wet from the rain blowing all over. Also, umbrellas really don't do well when it's windy... I actually thought my LLBean umbrella broke. At one point I needed to put the umbrella down and I couldn't close it completely, so I was walking under the umbrella while it was party open. I'm sure this was quite interesting to see. I ended up using the umbrella more as a shield. Resourceful, right?
Mom had asked about what I eat here... YES I know what I'm going to have every morning for breakfast Monday-Sunday. Brunch here is possibly worse then going to the cubard at home. You would think that brunch implies more food, but really there is less. Monday-Friday there is ALWAYS bacon (but it's not American bacon), I haven't actually tried it. Eggs that are runny and Megan has to drain them every morning. I'm painting a beautiful picture, right? Baked beans or something of that sort... possibly stewed tomatoes depending on the day. Fried toast... delicious but must clog the arteries. English muffins with butter already melted on them. Croissants (which I usually eat with strawberry jam, extremely sweet, just how I like it!), chocolate croissants, canned fruit (I like the madnrin oranges, they remind me of my childhood and the peaches are sometimes thrown in there to spice it up). There is yogurt, cereal (extremely bland looking thought). And there is always fruit... but one of the ugliest collection of fruit I've seen, haha. Also, you can eat as MUCH toast as you want. I've been opting for that a few times recently... not the all you can eat, just one or two pieces.
Speaking of breakfast, I must jet! Otherwise it takes so long to cross the street to get my bus that I could possibly miss it. Ciao!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment